Medical Jobs in Australia and New Zealand | MedRecruit

Tell Me About Medical Jobs

 



Not sure how to maximise your chances of getting the perfect medical job?

Learn how to use your own networks and leverage an agency’s network to get the permanent role that’s best for you

 
Dr Joanna Martin MedRecruit Doctor

MedRecruit really are experts at finding the best medical jobs, and what's more, they take care of every detail so I don't have to!"

Hospitals and practices across both Australia and New Zealand are constantly on the lookout for talented doctors and people with these skills will find they are in high demand. For international doctors it is good to know that these skills are on the official skills shortages lists of both countries, which will make it easier for you to meet immigration requirements.

It’s estimated that both Australia and New Zealand will need more than 1000 extra specialists every year to meet demand by 2020, so if you are currently overseas then this is a great time to explore your options and see what these great countries have to offer you from a career, financial and lifestyle perspective. You can check out current opportunities by clicking here and registering your details – our service is free for doctors.

Australia and New Zealand both have private and public sectors to their respective healthcare systems, of which both of these healthcare systems are considered to be some of the best in the world. Australia has over 1300 hospitals and New Zealand has around 220 and more than 80% of job opportunities for doctors in both countries are in the public sector. The remaining 20% of opportunities live within private healthcare.

The private sector provide both urgent and non-urgent care although accident and emergency services are not normally provided. Other common services available within the private setting across both Australia and New Zealand include various surgical procedures as well as radiology clinics and testing labs.

International doctors will feel right at home in both hospitals and clinics in Australia and New Zealand as almost half of doctors working here were trained overseas. From a specialty perspective the biggest need is in emergency medicine followed by surgery across its various forms, however there will be medical jobs for almost all other specialties too so take some time to search out what we have in your area of expertise.

You can find out more about your options by clicking here and downloading our job market report. Alternatively a member of the team is just a phone call away and will be only too happy to help.

Sign Up with MedRecruit Today

If you'd like a team of experts to search the medical jobs market for you, look after all your paperwork and logistics as well as make sure you get paid on time, then click the button below

Array ( [ID] => 4937 [post_author] => 3 [post_date] => 2016-07-13 17:51:44 [post_date_gmt] => 2016-07-13 17:51:44 [post_content] => [post_title] => General Practitioner Jobs in Australia and New Zealand [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => closed [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => gp-jobs [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-03 14:20:19 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-03 01:20:19 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 322 [guid] => http://www.medrecruit.com/?page_id=4937 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => page [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw [ancestors] => Array ( [0] => 322 ) [page_template] => default [post_category] => Array ( ) [tags_input] => Array ( ) )